Dear Creative Soul,
Here’s one last blog post for you as we approach the end of 2015.
As the year draws to a close, I’ve been dealing with a week long cold and cough knowing that many of you may be in the same boat. Not pleasant, but it’s given me space and time away from my business and marketing. Space to gain clarity and a chance to re-evaluate my goals. We are in the shadow time of Mercury Retrograde which occurs from Dec. 19-Jan. 4 whereas the actual Retrograde is from Jan. 5-24, 2016. So, it’s a good time to do just that; re-evaluate.
I was planning to self-publish my Creative Soul ‘Lefty’ Deck, but don’t feel the interest is there and I personally don’t ‘see’ it when I look into the future. For those of you that did express interest I offer you this link where you can view all 69 cards in my own personal deck plus several extras.
This past Cancer Full Moon occurring on Dec. 25 may have helped many of you enjoy an even more traditional, heart-felt, homey holiday season because the Moon rules the sign of Cancer and Cancer is all about hominess; it’s the sign of the parent; the mother, the nurturer and it also represents our emotions that ask us, ‘where do we feel most at home and what brings us comfort?’ When I painted this month’s Cancer Full Moon Goddess I asked my husband who has a Cancer Moon, what one word best describes how it feels to have a Cancer Moon and he said, ’emotional’ and so I explored that word in the painting below.
Being in my emotions feels powerful and scary by Kathy Crabbe (Cancer Full Moon)
This past year saw me delve into so many new and exciting projects and I’d like to share them with you, such as:
1. Teaching and facilitating my New Moon Creative Soul Circle for the first time at:
Yoga For Life, Temecula
Gypsy Luv, Pomona,
Inspire San Diego Studio
Mt. San Jacinto College
Moon Circle Collaging at a private home
2. Giving Creative Soul Readings in person at:
Gypsy Luv, Pomona
Bailey’s Winery (Elizabethan Feast), Temecula
Karma Boutique, San Diego
Learning Light Foundation, Anaheim
Kathy Crabbe giving readings at Baileys Winery, Temecula
3. Painting a series of small, abstract, watercolor landscapes both plein air (outside/in the field) and then abstracting them further at home.
painting abstracts at the cottage 2015
4. Turning 50! Plus achieving my lifelong dream of building a cottage on a lake. My husband and I also stayed overnight there the day I turned 50 and spent time canoe-ing on the lake for my birthday.
Contemplating turning 50 this morning at crystal point
5. I began advanced Shamanic training (3rd Road Celtic Faerie Tradition) with my mentor, Francesca De Grandis.
6. Myself and two other artists began an artist’s support group in Temecula, California.
7. We adopted a puppy that was abandoned in our neighbourhood and named her Djinn Djinn. She is now spoiled rotten and a huge buddy for our big dog Abby.
Me & Djinn & Djinn
8. I joined The 52 Project put on by Riverside Art Museum and am creating one new painting a day for 365 days which I post online in the hopes of having a 4 day exhibit at the museum. It’s open for anyone to join at any time and then you can have your own show!
9. I finally started an Instagram account to document my 365 days of art plus a Tumblr blog.
It’s been a BIG YEAR!
Kathy & Mark her beloved, Temecula, California (Ponte Winery)
In the coming year I plan to continue to paint and post my artwork and my writing daily. I plan to continue being of service by offering Creative Soul Guidance and I plan to celebrate the New and Full Moon through ritual, meditation and painting which I’ll share with you in this Museletter and on my blog.
So thank you dear creative soul, for all your love, support and encouragement along the way.
Blessed Be and Happy New Year!
Kathy Crabbe inspires soul-seekers to discover their innate gifts and talents through intuitive, creative expression in safe, relaxed and playful environments. She has been an artist forever and a Creative Soul Guide since awakening her own intuitive gifts at age forty.
Kathy lives in sunny SoCal with her husband and pet muses, Abby the shaggy black dog and Djinn Djinn, the small scruffy one in an adobe home they built themselves. Kathy is painting a Lefty-a-Day for 365 days and posting all works in-progress on Instagram at http://instagram.com/kathycrabbeart
To order a Creative Soul Reading please click here.