When I pulled a Lefty Oracle card, the “Liar at the Crossroads” appeared and I was WORRIED! OMGoddess, was I lying? (or being lied to?)
As the two day show wound down I noticed that the response and connection I’d made to folks who pulled cards from my two oracle card decks was profoundly moving and soulful - that made me sooo happy!
I’d prepared for the show by writing down a few tips:
If Things Are Slow Remember to have HOPE because:
1. Sales can come later at another show, privately, or online.
2. New folks can be added to my newsletter list.
3. Shows are a feedback mechanism.
4. Connect with other artists, new retail clients, new people, friends, return clients.
5. I am a leader connecting community. As my good buddy Laura Ryan, San Jacinto artist says: “It takes courage to do this and for that I’m grateful.”
Be adventurous, allow sales and celebrate! Stand strong, smile, be welcoming, present, enjoy the day, quietly confident, glad to be here, positive, natural. Connect people with their passion. And one last tip from my ancestor, Grandad Simpkins (a Canadian cartoonist): “It’ll all work out (no big deal).” And a secret tip: “nolite te bastardes carborundorum.”
HIGH POINTS of the Show