'Just relax,' I say to myself as I sit down to write this New Moon blog post. Look around you at the little things that matter; the feathers, tiny wildflowers and stones on your altar. Nothing fancy, just small things gathered along the way.
What if, instead of searching and waiting for the BIG moments and revelations I look at the little things already there? Like, how my little dog Djinn Djinn's eyes slowly close as I gaze at her or how cool the sunlight feels today (a welcome relief from too hot sunny SoCal's usual blast), or how my toes feel free and naked wiggling around on my bedroom carpet as I write this. Writing these words is simple and easy and true; again, nothing special, but lovely all the same.
But when I share with you that being a soul reader is also 'nothing special' I don't believe it. So, I pull a Lefty Oracle card from my deck and channel this:
Just speak from the heart,
to be brave
and this becomes "nothing special"
that IS my reward
knowing that in living like this
I am fulfilling my destiny;
it's simply what I do.
Here's a video I made of this.
New Moon in Gemini Altar Suggestions*
- Gemini – The Twins
- Time of Year – Spring, Summer Solstice, May 21-June 21
- Quality – Mutable Element – Air
- Planetary Ruler – Mercury
- Anatomy – Arms, hands, lungs, respiratory/nervous system, shoulders
- Natural Sign of – 3rd House
- Color – Pale green, silver, yellow Gemstone – Agate, aquamarine, beryl
- Tarot Card – The Lovers
- Goddesses – Feng P’O P’O, Iris, Hina, Tatsuta Hime (The Wind)
- I am adaptable and inventive
- I am curious and on the move
- I have a radically open mind
- I am a dancing, rainbow spirit
- I communicate well and teach that skill to others
- I let go easily and quickly
Find your Gemini wings
- Seek the unexpected
- Flood your senses with stimuli
- Let your curiosity keep you on the move
- Weave social networks
- Juggle tasks and cross-pollinate ideas
*Excerpted from my Goddess Zodiac Playbook
Here's a video I made for the New Moon.