This article originally appeared on Jennifer Leonard's Blog - I'm Just A Gurl. I had done a soul reading for Jennifer quite some time ago and was deeply honoured and touched that she decided to share it with others. Jennifer's Blog Post:
It started with a tweet about 10 months ago. One day, feeling stuck and tired, I typed “I need a psychic!” I got a Direct Message from Kathy Crabbe (soul reader and artist) and thought, why not?
I have an open mind about all things and I’ve always been curious about psychic readings. I tried an introductory reading. I didn’t tell Kathy anything. I didn’t ask any questions. I never met her in person. Our only communication was through a couple of tweets and emails. Whether you believe in this kind of thing or not, let me tell you about her reading for me, and why one name, Regina, really struck home.
What’s in a name?
When I got Kathy’s reading in my inbox, we were on vacation in Idaho for my husband John’s first Ironman. We got back to the hotel room one night. I decided to check my email. I was excited when I saw a message from her. I opened it up. One of the very first things she wrote was:
I also sense a ghost (earthbound spirit) around you by the name of “Regina”– have you encountered her yet? She likes to stomp around a lot!
If you know me, or have read any of my blogs, then you may know that I miscarried a child about three years ago. When John and I were thinking of baby names, he really liked the name Regina for a girl.
I wrote Kathy about this. She replied,
I am sure that the spirit of your baby was around for this reading, she came in loud and clear at the very beginning (and esp. the fact that her name was mentioned – because I do find that it is very difficult to get exact names – so that is why I’m saying that her spirit was coming through and connecting with you – through me – in such a strong way)
I never really thought a reading would go so deep. I was hit with a wave of emotion. I cried for at least a half hour. I woke up during the night several times with just one name on my mind.
Other “Sparkly Blessings”
Aside from being moved, there were lots of things in her reading that resonated with me. I’m sharing my reading with you below. It was very nicely done. I liked her approach.
About your reading: An intuitive reading will often contain some information that is correct and some that is not. My readings are usually quite accurate, but if anything I say feels wrong to you, it probably is. You know your own information, intuitive and otherwise better than anyone else, so please don’t give that power away to me. You are here to get a different perspective – not the “right” perspective. Anyone who tells you that they know more about you than you know yourself, or that they are 100% accurate is someone to be very wary of. A reading is never set in stone, your free will is always the final determinant.
The reading was signed with “Many Sparkly Blessings…” — enough to make anyone smile.
Well, here it is. My reading in full. Enjoy!
A Soul Reading for Jennifer
- The very first thing I was drawn to in your reading was a gemstone called “Tiger’s Eye.” Tiger’s Eye enhances one’s ability to understand and mediate between the two sides of an issue. It can help one find the middle way of balance, the trademark of a true spiritual warrior.
- I also sense a ghost (earthbound spirit) around you by the name of “Regina” – have you encountered her yet? She likes to stomp around a lot!
- Your energy feels so pleasant, fulfilling, calm and bountiful – I could sit with it for a long time and just rejuvenate…
- Now a dachsund breaks in on things and suggests that I pull a fairy card for you (this is kind of unusual actually – I’ve never had a dog pop in on a reading before!)
The card I pull for you is from my Fairy Herbal Healing deck and is called “Fennel.” The Fairy Herbal deck consists of eighty oracle cards that I created from my Fairy Herbal paintings. Their energy is light, ethereal, airy, and sparkly plus based in the green world, so add in some earthiness and green energy as well.
Fennel has the ability to protect one’s home and family. It was also used by the Saxons and is useful for those who practice meditation. Taking Fennel as a magical tonic will bring the ability to have a long life, face danger and be strong in the face of adversity. It is also said to help maintain fertility and virility.
- Now I am sensing you becoming a bit impatient and anxious that we move along.
- The next stone I suggest that you work with is called Black Tourmaline. It will help you center, stay calm, ground and focus. When Black Tourmaline appears it is encouraging you to undertake a ritual of purification. Perhaps you are holding onto old patterns that no longer serve you. When you purify your self and release worries and resentments, you are making room in your life for spiritual gifts to be received.
- Perhaps it’s this card and what it represents, or the next card I’m about to pull that is causing you some irritation, but I’m also being shown a man, someone you “can’t stand.”
- We’ll put him aside for now as you are asking me about your future.
- So I ask you this question, “Where do you want to be 6 months from now?”
- I sense that you don’t want to be stuck here. So I ask you, “What part of yourself are you cutting off?” Well you need to do it and give yourself 3 years to develop it.
The next question you ask me is, “What is it?”
So I pull a card called “The Aries Goddess” from my Goddess Zodiac deck.
Aries embodies spring fire; she is erotic and independent, a primal rebel with revolutionary thought. Aries asks us to wake up and remember who we truly are, even if it bothers those we love or work for.
- You need to stay with it…focused and inspired. I see you strong and shining brightly, like the Sun. Your inspiration helps others in a really practical way ie. women that are down and out. Your spirit and strength are put to good use. You are secure and doing a great job.
I am ending your reading by sending you a prayer for good works and feisty determination. (Plus swimming whenever you can – the blue water is good for you.
If you are interested in booking a soul reading please click on the link.