This Cancer Full Moon (Jan. 12) was an emotional breakthrough moon for me. The theme that came through was BREAK FREE. How about for you?
Breaking free from social media's time sucking and time wasting was a biggie and it was also my first bargain with the Divine. Bargain Number Two (for this week) is to be the greatest artist I can be without doubt and fear as I give myself fully to the Divine.
I began by stopping my incessant checking of the Instagram feed and this has pretty much stopped me from going on it at all, other than to posta pic or two to go with my blog and at the new and full moon for my museletter..
Next I looked at all my dreams in my dream journal from 2012 until now and then put together a list of creatively soulful things about myself and my work. Here's my list:
- I create power objects and talismans.
- I create artists' books.
- I paint custom portraits.
- I challenge the status quo.
- I paint in many styles.
- I paint large (48"x48"), circular, layered, Japanese inspired paintings with clouds and trees.
- I do not sell my own art; galleries/stores do that for me.
- I give phone readings.
- I teach a watercolor class called, "Painting for Relaxation."
- My artwork sells out quickly at galleries and home decor stores.
- I'm a writer and illustrator.
- I work in a large industrial live/work space surrounded by other creatives, but also have a quiet space for spiritual work.
So far I'm taking my own advice: "Awaken Your Intuition".- see the tagline on my site? Well, I'm living it. Plus, I do most of the things above already although there are a few I long for: the live/work artist's community and selling out at galleries.
I can tell you that so far, cutting out all this social media and leaving behind fear and doubt so I can fully be the amazing artist I am has helped me be more present and it's simplified everything. I have more time for me, my loved ones, my friends and in nature. Time that isn't co-opted by social media and being ON 24/7. I'm having more fun and enjoying life more. WHEW! How about you? Why not make a bargain with the Divine right now?
More articles on addiction to social media can be found here.