Creating with her non-dominant hand has helped Tamara to let go, to loosen up in her work and that means being less critical as well. It’s freeing! It’s fun!Read More
I found it quite interesting that a recent issue of Wired magazine talked about how Twitter and Facebook can actually help make us more productive, not less - hard to believe isn't it?!! Research has shown that "regularly stepping back from the project at hand can be essential to success. And social networks are particularly well suited to stoking the creative mind ... we need periodic breaks to relieve our conscious minds of the pressure to perform - pressure that can lock us into a single mode of thinking. Musing about something else for a while can clear away the mental detritus, letting us see an issue through fresh eyes, a process that creativity researchers call incubation ... regular breaks enhance problem-solving skills significantly".
I was recently inspired by an interview with Danish film director, Susanne Bier who shared this important tip (learned at film school) - “Kill the darlings and focus on the ball ". In my own work as a soul reader and creative being I have had to learn that lesson over and over again and I still find it tough to let go of paintings I adore and to know when to call it quits on a painting in progress.
Tip 1. Soul Time - take some alone-time but without being tyrannical about it, to be in nature, take a walk, and enjoy the scenery without putting pressure on yourself to do anything but just be in the moment - it can be a refreshing way to recharge your soul and find joy in the small things that you often overlook.
Tip 2. Creative Time - let yourself dabble around in a journal to release whatever pent up thoughts, emotions and ideas are brewing away in your mind. Allow yourself complete creative freedom without worrying that anyone else will have to see or judge your scribblings, think of it as a way to let off creative steam and once again, allow yourself to be in the moment and really have fun with it.
Tip 3. Media Free Time - free up your creative mind and allow yourself some space to hear your own mind, feelings, soul, by spending 1 day (or more) without listening to the media: news, tv, internet news, etc.
What new projects are you germinating right now and how could you benefit from creating healthy, balanced new ways of being?
Twice a month Kathy features a creative soul that has the same sun sign (the day you were born) as the New Moon and Full Moon. You are invited to discuss how your sun sign influences, inspires and effects your work - interview questions are included at the end of this post. Here are some past examples of Creative Soul Spotlights.
More Awesome Reasons to be featured on Kathy's Creative Soul Blog. Read Kathy's Press Release.
Spotlight Feature - Info:
1. You will be featured on Kathy's Creative Soul Artist Spotlight along with your interview (see below), photos of your products/services, a short bio, and photo of you, plus the option of holding a giveaway for one of your products or services. Your article will be promoted through Kathy's extensive social networking sites and you'll be featured in Kathy's Creative Soul Museletter twice in one month with an accompanying product shot.
2. Create and submit your Ad: a 125 x 125 pixel image tile that will appear on every page of our website and blog (right sidebar) along with a spotlight feature article on Kathy's Creative Soul Blog to help promote and highlight you, your products and services.
1. Submit your art and ad for approval and pricing information.
2. We will review, approve and invoice you within 48 hours if your service/product and ad are accepted.
3. You will receive an email with a 1 click invoice to be paid through paypal which means we also accept all major credit cards and international payments.
4. Your ad goes live as soon as we receive your payment and you will start connecting right away with amazing women all over the world! We will also begin working on your feature spotlight article and set a publish date that suits your needs.
Email Kathy to get started!
Early Dec. - Gemini Late Dec.- Capricorn
Early Jan. - Cancer Late Jan. - Aquarius
Early Feb. - Leo Late Feb. - Pisces
Early Mar. - Virgo Late Mar. - Aries
Early Apr. - Libra Late Apr. - Taurus
Early May - Scorpio Late May - Gemini
Early June - Sagittarius Late June - Cancer
Benefits of being featured:
- Reach a larger audience. As an influential blogger with a large audience Kathy will promote you to: 1000 Newsletter subscribers, 1000 Blog Followers, 800 Facebook Fans, almost 2000 Facebook Friends and 2700 Twitter Followers. Kathy teaches a virtual eClass, Awaken Your Divine Feminine Soul at Susun Weed's Wise Woman University and is a regular columnist for Susun's Weed Wanderings ezine which has over 19,000 subscribers.
- Connect, inspire and touch hearts through your stories and creativity.
- Get noticed! Express yourself freely knowing that you are amongst friends who will understand and commend you for your courage in living creatively and intuitively.
- Cross promotion is one of the best ways to increase sales and enlarge your customer base.
- Many featured artists have reported increased sales of their work directly linked to their appearance on Kathy's Creative Soul Blog - yahooo!
- More benefits here!
Featured Artist Comments:
Thank you for the opportunity to be seen in your blog and the opportunity for a little self discovery as I thought about your blog interview questions. I hadn't told most of my friends and family about my shop yet (I didn't want to seem like I was selling to them and my confidence was low). I did have the confidence to tell them about the blog interview though and the response was so amazing! It was so nice to hear their thoughts after reading your interview post and to feel their support. It was a great way to show my creative side to my family and friends.
Again thank you for all you do with your blog! It's great for artists to read about other artist's and why they do the things we do. There's a certain kinship there!
Jennifer King, Book artist, printmaker
I love the path I have chosen and writing this is such an affirmation. I wish you many Blessings in love in light.
Ellen Roche, TheSpiralGoddess
I just checked it out & it looks awesome! More than that, I had a great time doing it! It really gave me new insight into my work & myself. Thanks again for the opportunity! I will visit your site again, I love it! Keep shining!
Robin Rizzi, Collage artist
What a cool thing for me to sit and acknowledge my feelings in a way that I could put my thoughts into words. It has brightened my spirit and given me a new sense of courage. Thank you for your post. I can't say I would have taken the time to voice this otherwise. Regardless of whether or not I am chosen, I am glad that I came across your thread and wrote a response.
Dianna, Fine artist
I like the idea of people getting inspired to think outside of their normal realms! Thank you so much for featuring me, it was a fun thing to do and I like how it made me think about my work in a really different way!
Gillian, Faery photographer
Creative Soul Spotlight Badges - New!
You can copy these buttons/badges for use on your website, blog, Facebook & more!
Interview Questions (optional):
1. What aspect of creating your art or craft do you find the most enjoyable?
2. What originally got you started creating your art or craft?
3. Who has inspired you the most creatively, and why?
4. How did you decide what medium to work in?
5. How does your zodiac sign influence your creativity?
6. What do you like best about your sign and least?
7. What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art or craft?
8. If you had to choose a fruit or vegetable to describe yourself, what would you choose and why?
9. If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your creativity, what would that be and why?
10. What advice do you have for others who are just starting to develop creatively?
11. Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Don't Forget To Include:
- a photo of you
- a photo of you creating your art/craft (optional)
- a short bio of 3-7 sentences
- links to your shop, website, blog